Our investment philosophy seeks both social and financial returns. We invest in companies consistent with moral and social values. We strive to have competitive returns without exposure to companies whose products, services or business practices violate the FFV Scorecard®.
The Funds all use the FFV Scorecard® to screen investments. The Adviser developed the screening criteria of FFV Scorecard® based on the principals of Biblically Responsible Investing and the moral and social justice teachings of the Catholic Church as outlined by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops Socially Responsible Investment Guidelines. According to the FFV Scorecard®, companies will be excluded from the Fund that:
- Directly participate in abortion through (1) the manufacture of abortifacients made specifically for and marketed for the purpose of enabling abortion; (2) own and/or operate facilities, including hospitals, that perform abortions; or (3) evidence of financial contribution to organizations that provide abortions;
- Manufacture contraceptives;
- Engage in scientific research on human fetuses or embryos that make use of tissue derived from abortions;
- Have received material fines or legal judgments relating to employee discrimination or human rights abuses in the past 2 calendar years;
- Have received material fines or legal judgments relating to employee health or safety in the past 2 calendar years;
- Have received material fines or legal judgments relating to environmental violations in the past 2 calendar years;
- Produce pornographic media content;
- Manufacture nuclear weapons, biological or chemical weapons, indiscriminate weapons of mass destruction or anti-personnel landmines;
- Use company assets to advocate for or against any of the issues listed above as well as other political issues that are not directly related to the company’s primary service or product.
Eligible companies are further evaluated using an assessment of their record on human rights, environment and corporate governance, both positive and negative, as part of the investment process. The FFV Scorecard® is designed to measure a company’s impact on people, community and the market. Epiphany uses an integrated investment process for all the funds. Portfolio characteristics are set and companies that fail the screening are replaced with like companies with similar characteristics.
Epiphany uses an integrated investment process for all the funds. Portfolio characteristics are set and companies that fail the screening are replaced with like companies with similar characteristics. The FFV Scorecard™ is prudent, defined, and objective and maintained on each investment.